[R] grasper installation

ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Mar 14 15:41:56 CET 2003

MASS is part of VR, and all of VR, mgcv, modreg and tcltk (sic) are
part of all of every R installation (or should be).

However, tcltk will not work unless you have Tcl/Tk installed.

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Martin Wegmann wrote:

> Hello R user,
>
> I downloaded grasper_0.3-2.tar.gz and installed it as described.
> $ su
> $ R CMD INSTALL grasper_0.3-2.tar.gz
> $ R
> that seems to work, but

You did actually have

library(grasper)

here, didn't you?

> > grasp.GUI()
> doesn't work. I read the note, that graspeR need mgcv (downloaded),
> MASS, modreg and tcktk . I haven't found the last 3 packetages in the
> Suse 8.1 contrib list. Where can I find them? Or what could be the
> problem?

So should we guess that you are using SuSe Linux?  What version of R?
And does `doen't work' actually mean?

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk