[R] problem at installing [R]ade

ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Mar 4 19:37:24 CET 2003

That appears to be a message from your tar.  Perhaps try

tar zxvf ade4_1.00.tar.gz
R INSTALL ade4

I suspect the first step will fail, and it would be because your pthreads
library is not the right version.  Note that it is using /usr/local/lib,
and perhaps something has installed an older version there?

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Agustin Lobo wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I try to install the R version of ade4 on a linux (suse7.3) box
> with R 1.6.2 (from rpm)
> and get
> /usr/local/bin/R INSTALL ade4_1.00.tar.gz
> tar: /usr/local/lib/libpthread.so.0: version `GLIBC_2.2' not found
> (required by /lib/librt.so.1)
> ERROR: cannot extract package from 'ade4_1.00.tar.gz'
>
> But I actually have glibc 2.2.4
> (at least this is what my suse's Yast conf. tool
> tells me, perhaps there is a more direct way of checking
> it?)
>
> Having used the rpm for R, should I use the
> rpm for ade4?

R packages do not come in rpms.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk