[R] R: Debian package and source

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Jun 18 18:16:58 CEST 2003

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 11:35:40AM -0400, TyagiAnupam at aol.com wrote:
> Hi,
> where can I find the most up-to-date Debian packages for R and sources in
> USA.  I will be thankful for the location that I can include in my sources.list.

Ahem, that is more a question for debian-user at lists,debian.org, not r-help.

R 1.7.1 is part of "sid" aka "unstable", you can point to any of the mirrors
listed in  http://www.debian.org/mirror/list   which includes one primary
and maybe three dozen secondary mirrors in the US alone.  Your apt-get man
pages will tell you about source depends, but it as simple as

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free

in /etc/apt/sources.list.

> Are their any special recommendations or instructions for building and
> maintaining R on Debian? A web-link will be helpful.

Do you have any specific reason why the packages Doug Bates and I have been
maintaining for over half a decade aren't good enough?

Dirk

--
Don't drink and derive. Alcohol and analysis don't mix.