[R] downloading packages and AntiVirus program

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jun 18 10:25:10 CEST 2003

I've just run that file past two different virus scanners (Sophos and
Norton, both fully updated) wiht no hits.

I think you can reasonably ask your sysadmins to demonstrate to you what
the virus is and in which file in the zip it is.

I suspect they do not check ftp downloads, so you could try that:

fttp://cran.at.r-project.org/pub/R/bin/windows/contrib/1.7/RODBC_1.0-3.zip