[R] Segmentation fault (Debian slink+libc6 2.1)

Peter Dalgaard BSA p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Fri Jun 11 16:18:56 CEST 1999

Robert.King at mailbox.gu.edu.au writes:

> Hi,
>    I've just upgraded my debian machine to the 2.1 libc6 libraries, and I
> started getting segmentation faults with R.  I tried re-compiling and got
> the same problem.  I checked with the dependencies for the binary package,
> and I have all the required libraries.
> Any ideas?

We had a similar report just a few days ago re. an upgrade of RedHat
5.1. What I'd suspect is that you're missing an upgrade of some tools
that go with libc2.1. (Compiler? binutils?)

If you're in an investigative mood, try running under the debugger
(bin/R -d gdb  from your build directory) and see exactly where it is

Systems that are designed with libc2.1 (RH6.0, Debian toy-of-the-day)
don't seem to have this problem.
   O__  ---- Peter Dalgaard             Blegdamsvej 3  
  c/ /'_ --- Dept. of Biostatistics     2200 Cph. N   
 (*) \(*) -- University of Copenhagen   Denmark      Ph: (+45) 35327918
~~~~~~~~~~ - (p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk)             FAX: (+45) 35327907
r-help mailing list -- Read http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~hornik/R/R-FAQ.html
Send "info", "help", or "[un]subscribe"
(in the "body", not the subject !)  To: r-help-request at stat.math.ethz.ch

More information about the R-help mailing list