[Rd] Incompatible change in R-devel

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Mar 21 08:29:23 CET 2017

As of today's commit r72375 all packages with native-routine
registration of C or Fortran routines need to be reinstalled in R-devel
(and that include some of the recommended packages in R itself which
will not be reinstalled via make dependencies, so we advise a clean
rebuild of R).

We try to avoid such things, but now is a least bad time (before binary
packages for pre-3.4.0 are built in earnest, although CRAN Windows ones
have been available for a while and will be rebuilt now).

Packages aster2 used undocumented/defunct fields and is overdue for
update: AFIAWK all other CRAN/BioC packages can be reinstalled.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk