[BioC] Technical Replicates in EdgeR

Neha Mehta nsmehta at u.northwestern.edu
Wed Jul 23 22:41:02 CEST 2014

Thank you for your answer! Moving forward I removed the lane that I
verified by plotMDS to be different from the other two. I have 2 further
questions.

1) I have a few highly expressed genes - the 2 most highly expressing genes
make up 23 and 10 percent of all mappable reads, respectively. Do I need to
do something to make sure that these genes will not have a negative effect
on my DE assessment? I plan to use edgeR for DE analysis, and I know I can
use TMM to normalize. Will this be enough?

2) When I ran a MAplot to compare my bio reps I saw that there are some
outliers, I have attached examples of 4 pairs of bioreps. Is this something
I should be concerned about?

Thank you again.

Neha Mehta

--