[BioC] Design matrix in Combat algorithm

Johnson, William Evan wej at bu.edu
Wed Jan 22 16:38:11 CET 2014

Matei,

X is a design matrix for your covariates of interest or possible confounding factors. If the covariates are categorical with k levels, then the columns of X will contain k-1 indicator variables for the different factor levels. If this still does not make sense, I would STRONGLY recommend you go talk to a statistician at your university and have her/him help you analyze your data.

Thanks!

Evan