[BioC] makeVennDiagram

Camila Lopez-anido lopezanido at wisc.edu
Wed Oct 23 22:07:20 CEST 2013

Hi Julie,

I am using makeVennDiagram, but I'm not sure how the program calculated the number of unique or overlapping peaks... I can see that others had similar questions (http://grokbase.com/t/r/bioconductor/12a1dya1v7/bioc-chippeakanno-slightly-different-results-between-makevenndiagram-and-findpeakoverlaps) in the past.

You mention previously that it has to do with many peaks1 within a peak of peak2 (etc)... does this mean that these events are weighted to determine the final values for unique or overlapping peaks in makeVennDiagram? (This made sense to me since it's a way of dealing with the issue of having many peaks1 within a peak of peak2 (etc), and thus lets you represent the data as a venn diagram.)

Thanks,
Camila