[BioC] illegal operand when I run DEXSeq

Thu Feb 28 01:48:35 CET 2013

Hi,

I just wanted to ensure that you were using the latest version of the
DEXSeq package, which you are.

I'm not sure what other help I can offer other than the suggestion
that it seems like it's time to do a bit more in depth debugging on
your part, which won't be too easy if you're not comfortable with
doing these types of things.

>From your original output, it seems like the problem must be somewhere
in the top 100 genes being tested, since there wasn't a "." printed to
the console (I think it prints that every ~ 100 genes to keep you
informed of it's progress).

Perhaps you can see if it works when you exclude the top 100 genes,
and debug backwards from there?

Digging into the estimateDispersions function and having it print to
the console the name of each gene as it is estimating dispersions
would be another idea.

All of this is assuming that your input data is sane, which we have no
way to verify from our end. Are the `counts()` of your ExonCountSet
sane, for starters?

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou