[BioC] Rgraphviz installation issue

Luo Weijun luo_weijun at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 20 23:16:17 CET 2013

Hi Krishna,
Rgraphviz is not really a dependency of gage, but rather one for pathview since gage imports one function from pathview. R forces to install all secondary dependencies somehow, even though it is just for a single imported function and those are not really needed. Of course, I would still appreciate Kasper’s taking care of the Rgraphviz installation problem since that’s needed for other packages.

To help users like you to install and use gage more smoothly, I just updated gage and removed that single import from pathview. Therefore, now you don’t have to install all the secondary dependencies like Rgraphviz. You shall see the new version (2.12.1) in the following page the next day or so. Let me know if you still don’t see the update by next Monday.
http://bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/gage.html

HTH,
Weijun