[BioC] edgeR v2.6 vs. v3.2.4

Ryan C. Thompson rct at thompsonclan.org
Wed Aug 14 00:47:13 CEST 2013

Dear Marsha,

This comes up at least every month or so. The short answer is that
prior.n and prior.df are not the same thing, so setting them both to 20
is using very different settings, which is why you're getting different
results. I believe the edgeR documentation has information on the
conversion, in case you want to convert your old setting of prior.n=20
to prior.df.  You can also search the archives of this list, where this
question has been answered several times.

Regards,

-Ryan Thompson