[BioC] Gviz ideogram error

Steve Lianoglou lianoglou.steve at gene.com
Wed Aug 7 21:41:18 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 3:45 AM, Siddharth Sethi <s.sethi at har.mrc.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am getting this error for the ideogram track :
>
> Error in .local(.Object, ...) : Failed to obtain 'hguid' cookie
> Calls: IdeogramTrack ... browserSession -> new -> initialize -> initialize -> .local
> Execution halted
>
> Command : ideogram <- IdeogramTrack(genome = "mm10", chromosome = "chr6" , background.title = "black")
>

> The commands runs fine locally, but gives an error on server. I suspect it might be internet connection problem.
> Does Gviz needs some particular ports to be open to connect to UCSC?
> Please help.

First: please provide the output from `sessionInfo()` after you've
loaded the Gviz library on the machine that is failing.

Second: you can, perhaps, test a general internet access problem by
seeing if you can "fetch" the main google.com page, eg:

R> library(RCurl)
R> g <- getURL("http://www.google.com")

Now take a look at g and see if you're talking with The Internet:

R> substr(g, 1, 70)
[1] "<!doctype html><html itemscope=\"itemscope\" itemtype=\"http://schema.org"

-steve

--