[BioC] how to build a R package with the inclusion of inst/extdata

Yue Li gorillayue at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 00:25:16 CEST 2012

Dear list,

I wonder if anyone could hint me on how to build a R package with the inclusion of "inst/extdata". Basically, I'm trying to build a R package with some BAM files as my test data used in the examples session from the Rd files.

If I simply go:

package.skeleton(name="myPackage", code_files=sourceCode, path="packageBuild")

and manually copy and past the folder "inst" into the outDir folder then try:

R CMD build packageBuild

I got:

 ERROR
packaging into .tar.gz failed

The "1.1.5  Data in packages"  from "Writing R Extensions" does not seem to help me with my problem.

Thanks in advance,
Yue