[BioC] attachments

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Sun Jul 15 04:26:22 CEST 2012

Hi Martin,

Thanks for info -- I assume it applies to individual emails.  I get the
mailing list in daily digest form, and I have never known there to be an
attachment to that.  There are also no attachments linked to the archived
posts as far as I have seen:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2012-July/date.html

That is how I would expect it to be -- I don't really want to be barraged
by attachments every day.

Gordon

On Fri, 13 Jul 2012, Martin Morgan wrote:

> On 07/12/2012 11:34 PM, Gordon K Smyth wrote:
>> Dear Allessandro,
>>
>> I haven't seen the MDS plots (because attachments are not distributed to
>> the list), but don't see anything surprising in what you have reported.
>
> actually, some attachments are (this was a recent realization on our part,
> too!). The posting guide

> now says "The following attachment types are accepted: png, pdf, rda/Rdata.
> Total message size cannot exceed 1MB".
>
> Martin

[original posting deleted]