[BioC] Error fom XPS installation

cstrato cstrato at aon.at
Thu Jul 5 20:45:20 CEST 2012

Dear Binbin,

The error message says that the ROOT library libCint.so cannot be found.

Did you create a ".bashrc" file with the settings:
    export ROOTSYS=<path>/root
    export PATH=$ROOTSYS/bin:$PATH
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ROOTSYS/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Did you compile ROOT for 32bit or 64bit?
For 64bit you would need to configure:
./configure linuxx8664gcc (see ./configure --help)

Please note that the recommended ROOT version for R-2.15.x is
root_v5.32.01. I did not yet test if root_v5.34 does work.

If you still cannot install xps using biocLite() then I would download
the source code and do:
R64 CMD INSTALL xps_1.16.0.tar.gz
(or: R64 CMD INSTALL -l <your path to packages> xps_1.16.0.tar.gz)

Best regards,
Christian
C.h.r.i.s.t.i.a.n   S.t.r.a.t.o.w.a
V.i.e.n.n.a           A.u.s.t.r.i.a