[BioC] RMA normalisation of test microarray data to training data

Daniel Brewer Daniel.Brewer at icr.ac.uk
Fri Jan 13 14:47:52 CET 2012

Hello,

We have done some analysis on a set of Affy microarray data normalised by RMA and produced a predictor.  We would like to test this predictor on a training set we have.  Is it possible to RMA normalise the test dataset so that the probes have the same distribution as the training dataset without normalising all the data together?  Our concern is that if you normalise them all together then this would mean we would have to go through all the analyses again.

Thanks

Dan

Daniel Brewer, Ph.D.

Institute of Cancer Research
Prostate Cancer Genome Team

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the a...{{dropped:5}}