[BioC] Kegg Profile package problem

zhao shilin zhaoshilin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 08:05:23 CET 2012

Hi Dan,

I'm very happy to know that some other persons were using my package.
And it is the first time that some persons ask me questions about it
in the mail list.

For your question, the web page
"http://www.genome.jp/kegg/pathway/map/map00910.html" indicated that:
The biological process of the nitrogen cycle is a complex interplay
among many microorganisms catalyzing different reactions. And we can't
find human in the reference pathway tab of this page. So I think this
is not a human pathway.

And what you said about the download_KEGGfile function is right.
Because I want to download the species specific pathway map with green
background to indicate that the gene exist in this species. Maybe I
will change function as your advise in the next version.

For the find_enriched_pathway function, it used the annotation from
the package KEGG.db. I have tested the KEGG.db package and some genes
were annotated to hsa00910 pathway. I don't know why this happens.
Maybe it is because of the update of the KEGG website.

Shilin