[BioC] convert gene name to Affy ID

J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk
Thu Dec 13 12:46:53 CET 2012

Hi Julia,

if you check the list of annotation packages already made in the
Bioconductor page

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/BiocViews.html#___AnnotationData

you may find your array there.

I don't know if this will be your array, but just for illustration
purposes, I see that the array "Affymetrix Drosophila Genome 2.0 Array
annotation data (chip drosophila2)" corresponds to the package
'drosophila2.db'
If you download and install that, and look at the user guide for that package:

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.11/data/annotation/manuals/drosophila2.db/man/drosophila2.db.pdf

you should be able quite easily to match affymetrix ids to gene names,
locations, and many other things.

I hope this helps a bit.
I have been lucky that all the arrays I have used were already
annotated into a package :)

Jose

--
Dr. Jose I. de las Heras                      Email: J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk
The Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology    Phone: +44 (0)131 6507090

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.