[BioC] edgeR : How to associated trait with DE?

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Thu Sep 15 01:01:29 CEST 2011

Dear Sermsawat,

In edgeR, you can simply add a quantitative column to the design matrix,
then use glmFit() and glmLRT() to test for the significance of the
coefficient for that column.

I do not recommend that you do the calculations using the pseudo counts.

Best wishes
Gordon