[BioC] RMA in Bioconductor versus APT - missing probesets

Mark Cowley m.cowley at garvan.org.au
Wed Mar 2 23:17:12 CET 2011

Michal,
in just.rma and rma, it was assumed that each probe could be in at most 1 probeset. once a probe was used, it cannot be reused.
on the ST arrays, some probes can be in many probesets... so if you use rma, eventually, all the probes in a probeset have been used once by the time the current probeset needs it & you get NA's.

Mark