[BioC] How to make a probe package with the GPL1073.probe file from GEO.

李晓东 xiaodli at whu.edu.cn
Mon Feb 7 09:31:34 CET 2011

Hi,
Recently I am performing an array experiment and want to compare my results with those deposited into GEO. I had some trouble in running gcrma on some of the data seriers (such as GSE3751),mainly because I could not make a probe package for the GNF1-M custom affy chip in R. I made the GPL1073cdf package by myself, but the GPL1073 platform files (GPL1073.probe) is not readily recognized by the makeProbePackage function in the AnnotationDbi package (Matchprobes is deprecated).Seems it requires a particular probe tabular file format that is not same as provided by GPL1073.probe. Could anyone help me out to convert the GPL1073.probe to a file with format recognizable to makeProbePackage? I am really stuck at this step. Thanks a lot.

Xiaodong Li
Wuhan University