[BioC] [Bioc-devel] Bioconductor 2.8 is released

Fri Apr 15 15:58:00 CEST 2011

Congratulations on the release, folks!

Two things.

(1) Regarding the packages:

> lol
>
>  Lots Of Lasso

(a) This made me lol
(b) then I thought to myself "I wish I thought of that name"
(c) then I thought to myself "I've got to check this out"
(d) then I went to the bioconductor software page to find it, and it seems MIA
(e) which, I don't know why, also made me lol

(Just wanted to file the bug report)

Also:

> Using Bioconductor in the cloud
>
> This release features the Bioconductor Amazon Machine
> Image (AMI), which allows easy access to R and Bioconductor
> within the Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2).

This is a great idea, thanks to all involved for doing this.

--
Steve Lianoglou