[BioC] edgeR - MDS plot

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Sat Apr 2 01:51:15 CEST 2011

Dear Sridhara,

Not exactly.  Dimension 1 is the direction that best separates the
samples, without regard to whether they are treatments or replicates.
Dimension 2 is the next best direction, uncorrelated with the first, that
separates the samples.  It may turn out that one dimension separates
treatments and one separates batches, but this depends entirely on your
data.

For more information about MDS plots, try ?cmdscale.

Best wishes
Gordon