[BioC] ShortRead for sequencing data quality assessment

Valerie Obenchain vobencha at fhcrc.org
Sat Sep 25 21:08:58 CEST 2010

Hi Heyi,

I talked to Martin about this and he had some ideas about the jpeg error.

If you ask R about capabilities(), does it say jepeg=FALSE? If it does,
there are a couple of options.

(1) recompile R w/jpeg support enabled :
This would involve making sure the appropriate
library was installed. See the R Installation and
Administration manual at
http://www.r-project.org/

(2) Save your qa object with save(qa, file='somefile.rda'). Move
the .rda file back to your local R machine and load it into
an R session with load('somefile.rda'). All objects in the file
should then be visible and you can run
report() on the qa object.

Hopefully one of these options will work for you.

Valerie