[BioC] AnnotatedDataFrame and cbind

Simon Anders anders at embl.de
Thu Oct 21 18:15:56 CEST 2010

Hi Vince

On 10/21/2010 06:12 PM, Vincent Carey wrote:
> in man page for AnnotatedDataFrame-class: combine is used; cbind is
> perhaps too suggestive for this more complex structure

Thanks, I tried this, and it didn't work. The reason seems to be that
combine tries to automagically determine if I want to do 'rbind' or
'cbind' by looking at the dimnames. I wanted to add several columns in
one go, and to use 'combine' for this, it seems, I first have to make
the rownames match. Okay, maybe this is just safe.

   Simon