[BioC] LIMMA: Suitable measure of error from result object. stdev.unscaled?

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Sun May 16 03:33:16 CEST 2010

Dear Dan,

stdev.unscaled needs to be scaled by the residual standard error for each
gene (hence the name), so to get standard errors for the coefficients you
need:

   se.coef <- sqrt(fit$s2.post) * fit$stdev.unscaled

The moderated t-statistics are just  fit$coef / se.coef.

Best wishes
Gordon