[BioC] clarification on MULTI SPECIES COMPARISONS filters

jorge zamora zamora at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Aug 5 14:35:53 CEST 2010

Hello bioconductor list,

This is a clarification on MULTI SPECIES COMPARISONS filters in Ensembl
Genes Mart raised by an user query. Currently (release 58) the only
filters available restrict on the genes retrieved by only including or
excluding homolog and paralog genes. As far as I concerned this
limitation will be the same on biomaRt. Thus I don't think it's possible
to filter in biomaRt by for instance 'dN', 'dS' which  currently are
only present in Ensembl Genes Mart as attributes.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks,
Jorge.