[BioC] Does illuminaHumanv3BeadID.db correspond to the Illumina HT-12 chip

Matthew Ritchie mritchie at wehi.EDU.AU
Wed Nov 11 01:56:50 CET 2009

Dear Donia,

> Sorry if I've missed this somewhere
>
> I'm analysing new data from an Human Illumina HT-12 v3 BeadChip. I'm using
> BeadID as the identifier however the  illuminaHumanv3BeadID.db package
> seems to be missing some of the Bead Ids from my top table list. Is there
> a different package I can use - or what packages should I use to create my
> own annotation package?

You are using the correct package.  Note that this annotation package (and
most others available from BioC) only contains information for non-control
probes.  Maybe the probes in question are controls?  You can get a list of
control BeadIDs for Human v3 chips using the following commands - check to
see whether any of these match up with the ones in your top table.

library(beadarray)
data(ExpressionControlData)
ExpressionControlData$Humanv3[,1]

I hope this helps.  Best wishes,