[BioC] Creating Custom CDF

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Fri Jul 24 15:14:38 CEST 2009

Hi Naresh,

Please don't take things off list.

naresh kumar wrote:
> Hello Dr.MacDonald,
>
> Thank you very much for the Reply,
>
> I created custom cdf for HG-U133_Plus_2 array by redefining probesets
> (Assigned new names) .
> I downloaded Oiginal CDF fo this array from affy website.I tried to
> access a particular probe i'm able to get both PM and MM values but for
> my customized CDF i'm getting only PM values for a probe but not MM
> values.So could you please confirm whether this customized CDF does not
> contain MM values or it a mistake in creating CDF.
>
> If they is a mistake please suggest me some way to rectify it.
> I created CDF using
> Source :
> http://groups.google.com/group/aroma-affymetrix/web/creating-cdf-files-from-scratch

You may have made a mistake in making your cdf. I can't know because you
don't show what you did, and the page you point to is for the Affymetrix
Exon ST chip, so I can guarantee that doesn't reflect what you have done.

If you want help with this, then you should be talking to either
Elizabeth Purdom directly, or posting on the aroma.affymetrix listserv.
Posting questions on this list is like going to Apple for help with your
Windows box that keeps crashing.

If you are just trying to re-map probes to Ensembl Genes, then you can
use the cdfs that MBNI has been creating for years now, by simply adding
the argument cdfname = "hgu133plus2hsensgcdf" to your call to ReadAffy.
See the bottom of this page:

http://brainarray.mbni.med.umich.edu/Brainarray/Database/CustomCDF/CDF_download.asp

for all the available mappings.

Best,