[BioC] limma: plotMA for RGList objects

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Thu May 22 03:52:41 CEST 2008

Dear Philipp,

Thanks for the bug report.  Now fixed in limma 2.14.2.  If you wait a day,
you should be able to re-install limma from Bioconductor to get the fix.

The bug was unfortunately introduced when I tried to "streamline" the
plotMA() code in limma 2.13.6.

> Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 23:07:27 +0200
> From: Philipp Pagel <p.pagel at wzw.tum.de>
> Subject: [BioC] limma: plotMA for RGList objects
> To: bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch
>
> With a recent update of bioconductor it appears to me that a little bug has
> been introduced into plotMA() in the limma package:
>
> Selecting the desired array with plotMA(foo, array=2) does not work
> anymore if foo is an RGList.
>
> The reason seems to be a small change in the respective part of the  source code
> from
>
>  MA <- MA.RG(MA[, array])
>  array <- 1

Setting array=1 here is necessary because MA has only one column.

Best wishes
Gordon