[BioC] Problems loading SparseM

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Mon Aug 25 19:57:50 CEST 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 9:04 AM, Sean Davis <sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 11:53 AM, Heike Pospisil
> <pospisil at zbh.uni-hamburg.de> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to load topGO. SparseM is required by this package. I have
>> successfully installed SparseM (version 0.78), but I did not succeed in
>> SparseM?
>
> Try removing and re-installing SparseM.  Of course, be sure to use
> biocLite() to do the installations.

It looks like 'SparseM' did not get installed [correctly].  SparseM
contains native code (Fortran and C), so that could be the cause of
your of installation problems.  Also, SparseM is on CRAN, that is, it
should be possible to install with install.packages() (==without
biocLite()).  Since this is a CRAN package giving you problems, please
post further questions on SparseM to the r-help list (larger/right
audience, greater chances for prompt help etc.).

FYI, the prebuild binary SparseM v0.78 installs and works perfectly
well on WinXP.

My $.02

/Henrik