[BioC] Spatial Correction

Matthew Lyon ptrifoliata at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 14 21:55:32 CEST 2006

heh. we're often on the same wavelength it seems. i'm already doing this x-y
slope across the whole 'field' thing a bit in my linear modeling work,
inspired by borevitz's occosional inclusion of probe set id #'s as null-
components when checking stats/models, instead i input them as x and y's,
split up as terms in a model for calling the chip. i have to say: the
coeffiecients sure don't look like they matter much? i think i'm going to
leave it in as an engineering/q.a. thing, though.

e.g. coeffiecients for a model that slams everything down to
snp/sfp-calls/copy-number (sorry no anova, sigs, or f-test output on these
runs):

statcutoffs tcut: 12.236 high: 21.2475972466423 low: 16.5098342910872
built model of 42317 points, spread as transects across the chip.
constant        2.06606598216225
---
progenypm       0.0813258560574814
progenymm       -0.00294383026705664
highpm1         -0.0486924459388655
highpm2         -0.0365650706946507
highpm3         -0.046313242027037
lowpm1          0.0181522513255337
lowpm2          0.0161600597386146
lowpm3          0.0160355165311527
highmm1         -0.0110724545083531
highmm2         -0.00663396018469053
highmm3         -0.0116972092671024
lowmm1          0.00326259465264771
lowmm2          0.00567155215296054
lowmm3          0.0013044918026059
-- gc content:
gcp  (sign gets flipped)        -0.00101239058730091
-- nearest neighbor temperature:
tmp  (sign gets flipped)        0.00153804487609968
-- number of G's in probe (the c's get labeled):
ngp  (sign gets flipped)        0.00554060155127831
---
xpos (sign gets flipped)        -2.14773325615418e-05 <-- x 10 to the minus
5, that's not-so-much?
ypos (sign gets flipped)        6.94183011922954e-06
---
as far as abberant spot correction (real spatial correction by-zones) i'm
not doing this and am simply re-running the bad experiements - for some
reason a few of our chips have smudges that look like nike-swooths on them
where the hybridization is killed significantly.
---
as far as labeling for dna is concerned i would die to see someone compare
end-transferase and random label inclusion (perhaps in the same hyb mix as
different fluorophore colors on a multi-channel scanner?). is there any work
/ pubs out there that do this?

Thank You,

Matthew Lyon        UC  Riverside                    lab (951) 827-4736
Ph.D. Student        B O T A N Y                new c.p. (951) 941-5554
                   Citrus Genomics                    apt (951) 328-9930
http: // int - citrusgenomics . org /           messengers: ptrifoliata
mattlyon at mattlyon.com ptrifoliata at hotmail.com mlyon003 at student.ucr.edu