[BioC] Time course experiment with limma

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Wed Nov 29 03:14:38 CET 2006

Dear Cecilia
You cannot analyze this design properly in limma because you have 3
sources of correlation - 2 samples from the same RNA, 2 channels on
the same  array, and multiple time points on the same plant.  Limma
allows only 1 source of correlation.

I have not used MAANOVA, but I am familiar with the statistical
method used, and to me it seems like a very good alternative to
limma.  (NOT MANOVA, which is different.)

2 notes based on my experience:  1) You are wasting half your arrays
by having 2 samples from each RNA.
             2) If you are taking multiple samples from the same
plants, you need to be sure that the wound response has died out
between time points.

--Naomi