[BioC] Trouble with gcrma background correction

Sucheta Tripathy sutripa at vbi.vt.edu
Mon Nov 20 04:09:29 CET 2006

Hi Herve, Group,

Thanks for your response. As suggested by you, I have installed R version
2.4.0 with bioconductor 1.9. I recreated the cdf environment and computed
affinity data.

I still get the same error:
============================
Error in model.frame(formula, rownames, variables, varnames, extras,
extranames,
  :
    invalid type (NULL) for variable 'affinities'
Execution halted

Following is my sessionInfo():
==============================
R version 2.4.0 (2006-10-03)
i686-pc-linux-gnu

locale:
LC_CTYPE=en_US;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=en_US;LC_COLLATE=C;LC_MONETARY=en_US;LC_MESS
AGES=en_US;LC_PAPER=en_US;LC_NAME=C;LC_ADDRESS=C;LC_TELEPHONE=C;LC_MEASUREMENT=e
n_US;LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:
[1] "methods"   "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"     "datasets"
[7] "base"

And the error comes from this code fragment. Possibly I am passing wrong
arguement for type fullmodel.

Code sample:
============

for(i in 1:ncol(pms)){
 if(verbose) cat(".") if(type=="fullmodel"){
  cat("type is fullmodel\n")  # ERROR HERE

    pms[,i] <- bg.adjust.fullmodel(pms[,i],mms[,i],
                                  pm.affinities,mm.affinities,
                                  index.affinities,k=k, rho=rho,fast=fast)

    cat("bg.adjust.fullmodel is done\n")

 pms[index.affinities,i] <- 2^(log2(pms[index.affinities,i])-
 fit1$coef[2]*pm.affinities+mean(fit1$coef[2] *pm.affinities))

 }

====

Any help in solving this will be greatly appreciated.

many thanks

Sucheta

--
Sucheta Tripathy, Ph.D.
Virginia Bioinformatics Institute Phase-I

web page: http://staff.vbi.vt.edu/sutripa
blog    : http://genomics-array.blogspot.com/