[BioC] [Bioc-devel] SNPscan -> SNPchip

Justin Borevitz borevitz at uchicago.edu
Mon Nov 6 03:49:49 CET 2006

Hi Rob/Ingo just checking out your SNPchip package and clearly getting Copy
Number Variation (CNV)and SNP calls together from genomic DNA hyb data is
crucial going forward. We and others have developed SNP/tiling arrays for
Arabidopsis and yeast and will hyb genomic DNA to genotype known SNPs/CNVs
AND identify new SFPs and CNVs. Will your package development plans include
dual typing and identification methods? and will you be able to handle SNP
arrays, tiling arrays, and dual SNP/tiling arrays.  Just thought I'd pass
along the direction I see the technology going.
Justin Borevitz