[BioC] limma: get all sig genes from multiple contrasts

Ivan Baxter ibaxter at purdue.edu
Fri Jun 9 16:41:13 CEST 2006

Thanks Jim- that will help  I think I am still going to get useful
information out of the clustering. I have 7 different combinations of
treatments, so the number of different patterns is going to be quite
large. Clustering seems to be  a good way to get a feel for which
patterns are there and  of interest. For a package like goCluster,
wouldn't I want to reduce the number of genes which are in the set that
is analyzed (say from 22k to ~1k)? While there might be genes that fit a
certain pattern that isn't significantly different in any of my
contrasts, it seems likely that it would be in the minority. After I
have identified interesting patterns from the significantly changed
genes, I could then go back in and see if other genes match that pattern?

thanks

Ivan