[BioC] Question: limma decideTests nestedF p-values

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Tue Feb 21 06:06:36 CET 2006

No, there is no way to get individual p-values corresponding to the nestedF method.  You can
however just used the overall F-test p-values, fit$F.p.value, which will give you p-values at the
probe level rather than the contrast level.  Use

  p.adjust(fit$F.p.value)

to get adjusted p-values.  The nestedF method will give at least one significant contrast for a
given probe if and only if the above adjusted p-value is less than the cutoff.

Best wishes
Gordon