[BioC] Question about topTable output formatting (Limma) in Excel

J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk
Sat Apr 22 17:04:55 CEST 2006

When I use the topTable function to create a table with my data, like this:

toptableH226<-topTable(ebws, coef=1, n=number, genelist=gal,
adjust.method="BH", sort.by="B")

and then I write it to a file with write.table, like this:

write.table(toptableH226, "180406-toptableH226.txt", sep="\t")

this produces a tab-delimited text file with my data, perfect.

However, if I open the file in Excel, the first row seems off by one
column, and I have to insert an empty cell in A1, displacing the first
row to the right, so that the headers match the columns. Why is this?
If I retrieve elements from the topTable output they seem okay.

The first column of the output contains numbers specifying the row
locations of the genes. There is no header for that column. So the
first row has one less element than the others.

It's not a big deal, but...

is there some parameters I should be specifying that I don't? I haven't
found anything obvious.

Thanks!

Jose

--
Dr. Jose I. de las Heras                      Email: J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk
The Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology    Phone: +44 (0)131 6513374