[BioC] Mapping Image ID's and Affy probesets

bmecham at fhcrc.org bmecham at fhcrc.org
Thu May 26 18:41:09 CEST 2005

>   I don' think that there is an example of taking a sequence, say for a
> cDNA and then finding whether a corresponding affy probe set map to a
> similar region

The following series of papers outlines how to do this and what the effects
are:

Most Recently-
	Redefinition of Affymetrix probe sets by sequence overlap with cDNA microarray
probes reduces cross-platform inconsistencies in cancer-associated gene
expression measurements.
BMC Bioinformatics. 2005 Apr 25;6(1):107.
PMID: 15850491 [PubMed - in process]

Which builds upon-
	Sequence-matched probes produce increased cross-platform consistency and more
reproducible biological results in microarray-based gene expression
measurements.
Nucleic Acids Res. 2004 May 25;32(9):e74.
PMID: 15161944 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]