[BioC] Windows error messages

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Mon May 16 15:36:59 CEST 2005

"Giulio Di Giovanni" <perimessaggini at hotmail.com> writes:

> Dear BioC users,
>
> I don't know if this is the real place to submit this question, but I have a
> really annoying problem...and usually here is full of nice people who can
> help me..
>
> Using WinXP system (on a AMD3000+ 1,5 GB RAM), recently I started to have
> error messages, together with the usual R-shell writings, also in appearing
> pop windows.
> The problem is that, after a while, with many loaded variables and
> libraries, these windows are really slow to appear. Every time I've to wait
> 5-10 minutes before the window appears !!!!! I cannot do anything, every
> single mispelling or banal key error, and I've to wait !!!
> It's impossible to work... I tried runnig R in SDI mode, reinstalling...
> nothing. Greater the workspace, slower I get the messages...
>
> Maybe someone else already experienced this, and found a solution... I don't
> know what to do...

I haven't experienced this, but it sounds like you are running out of
memory on your system and that this is causing the slowness.  On
Windows, you can use the task manager to take a look at the state of
the system resources.

But you have not given us enough information about your system and
what you are trying to do.

+ seth