[BioC] End2End Lab Material

Kasper Daniel Hansen k.hansen at biostat.ku.dk
Wed May 4 18:09:10 CEST 2005

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 06:53:36AM -0700, Seth Falcon wrote:
> Hi Cecilia,
>
> Cecilia Fernandez <cymering at gmail.com> writes:
> > I am a beginner with Bioconductor, and I was trying to use the lab
> > material End2End, but it asks for a library called "bioclads". When I
> > try to use it I get this message:
> >
> > Error in library(bioclads) : there is no package called 'bioclads'
> >
> > What is missing in my computer?
>
> Are you still having problems?  I'm a bit confused by your post, can
> you point me to the materials/packages that you are trying to use?
> Neight End2End nor bioclads (is it bioclabs?) are part of the stable
> or devel Bioconductor package sets.
>
> The error you received is telling you that you need to install
> bioclads.  This would mean finding the package somewhere
> and... installing it.  I could give more detail on how to go about
> doing that, but would need to know what OS you are using.
>
> Hope that helps just a little.

Actually bioclabs is a special package used for that particular lab.
When I was involved in a course a few years ago, I got it from Vince
Carey, I could not find it on the website either. Basically it just
contains a few datasets and the lab material. I have a version build
under an old version of R.

Update: browsing the list of short courses I have found a link to it
from this page:
  http://www.bioconductor.org/workshops/Milan/milan.html
It links to the BioC repository under "courses", perhaps
install.packages2 does not look there?

Kasper

> + seth

Kasper Daniel Hansen, Research Assistant
Department of Biostatistics, University of Copenhagen