[BioC] PLIER: two questions

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Thu Jul 21 19:29:55 CEST 2005

I had the problem when I was submitting it to a cluster. When I actually
ssh-ed into one of the nodes and ran the code interactively, it worked
fine. But then I tried with different array type, I had the segment
fault even with only 3 arrays. So I am not sure if this is a problem
with the cluster queue manager or plier or gcc or something else.

Crispin was quite helpful in suggesting to run it interactively, so I
hope he finds a solution for you.

But I eventually decided not to use PLIER expression measure simply
because no documentation was available explaining it. I prefer knowing
what I am doing than using a black box systems.

I suggest you try RMA or GCRMA which has excellent documentation and has
been shown to be better than MAS 5.0 (which is also well documented).

Regards, Adai

<SNIP>