[BioC] excel plugins with BioC, anyone?

Francois Pepin fpepin at cs.mcgill.ca
Thu Jul 14 17:20:47 CEST 2005

Hi Steven,

That page isn't quite what you wanted, I think. It had one plugin called
exprSetBuilder. You can look at the Google cache:
http://64.233.167.104/search?
q=cache:6lhZbkx5tIkJ:www.bioconductor.org/excel/excel.html

You can easily create a Bioconductor script that imports the excel data
properly (just export the excel file as a csv file). If the Excel files
are consistent, then the conversion shouldn't be problematic.

You could also look at
http://cran.r-project.org/contrib/extra/dcom/
http://lib.stat.cmu.edu/R/CRAN/contrib/extra/excel/

I've never tried any of those but if you're planning on using Excel as
your main workhorse, it's probably closer to what you want.

Francois