[BioC] Integrating Codelink data with bioconductor (using affyand limmafunctions)

Diego Díez Ruiz ddiez at iib.uam.es
Mon Apr 25 15:15:22 CEST 2005

Gordon Smyth escribió:
> At 09:35 PM 25/04/2005, Diego Díez Ruiz wrote:
>
>> Dear Gordon,
>>
>> Thanks for your response. I will use the data as early but, What do
>> you think it could affect more to normalization process: Some points
>> assigned as NA values or some point with lowers A values as one of the
>> intensitues was assigned a value of say 0.01?
>

> Unless you're doing much more than I think you are, you must avoid NAs
> at all costs. If you have to live with low intensities, then so be it.

then so be it.

>> I'd let you see my class definition and parser of course. This is
>> really the first time a make use of classes and store all things as an
>> R package so I thought that the best way to make something usable and
>> quick without having to read completly "writting R extensions" was
>> using others packages to learn (that is one of the greatness of
>> opensource :). Of course I will have to read it one day.
>> Briefly:
>> 1. The parser read exported txt files from codelink software.
>

> I've never seen Codelink output, but my understanding is that it is
> essentially just ImaGene output. Is that not correct?

I've never seen Imagene output. This is header and column names from
codelink output:

CodeLink Expression Analysis 4.1.0.29054
CNIC Report for Slide (T00241792)
LAYOUT  EXP294X192-912.22.ID
PROJECT
EXPERIMENT
PRODUCT Human Whole Genome
Sample Name Array 1 Sample001
Median Array 1  86,6547470092773
Report( 1 ): 310105-Person
Idx Array   Sample_name Probe_name  Annotation_PIN  Annotation_NCBI_Acc
Annotation_NCBI_NID Annotation_LocusLink    Annotation_OGS
Annotation_UniGene  Annotation_ENSEMBL  Probe_type  Feature_id
Raw_intensity   Normalized_intensity    Quality_flag    Signal_strength
Logical_row Logical_col Center_X    Center_Y    Spot_mean   Spot_median
Spot_stdev  Spot_area   Spot_diameter   Spot_noise_level    Bkgd_mean
Bkgd_median Bkgd_stdev  Bkgd_area   Annotation_Molecular_Function
Annotation_Biological_Process   Annotation_Cellular_Component
Annotation_Cytoband Annotation_HS_Homology  Annotation_MM_Homology
Annotation_RN_Homology  Annotation_Analogous_CodeLink
Annotation_Legacy_Probe_Name    Description

Header could be less than 10 rows (custom) and columns could be
customized (for example in my own data I avoid Annotation_* and
Description columns). I'm not sure if in this example there are all the
possible fields.