[BioC] Tiling array application

Kasper Daniel Hansen k.hansen at biostat.ku.dk
Sat Apr 2 08:09:58 CEST 2005

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 08:04:28PM -0500, James MacDonald wrote:
> It doesn't make any sense to use gcrma() if you don't have MM probes;
> the idea behind gcrma is to come up with a better measure of background
> than the MM measure itself. A modification of gcrma() that doesn't use
> MM probes is rma().

And if you are using a tiling array it does not seem to make sense (to
me at least) to use rma, since tiling arrays does not have the cpncept
of probesets.

But I do not know your particular array, so I may be wrong.

Kasper

> We are trying to use GCRMA to adjust raw intensity values from tiling
> chip
> experiments (Arabidopsis). But the affy Arabidopsis tiling chip do not
> have
> mismatch probes and it seems the mismatch probe intensity is absolutely
> required in:
>
> bg.parameters.ns
>
> Where the mismatch probe intensities, mismatch probe affinity, and
> perfect
> match probe affinities are passed. I wonder how this function can be
> modified so only perfect match probe info is used. Thanks.
>
> Shinhan

Kasper Daniel Hansen, Research Assistant
Department of Biostatistics, University of Copenhagen