[BioC] (no subject)

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Tue Nov 30 20:53:03 CET 2004

hrishikesh deshmukh wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have a bunch of .CEL files, i want to filter
> intensity values:
>

>>1) PM, MM has to be between 200 to 20000 units.
>>2) PM can be < 200, MM should be <= 20000 units.
>>3) MM can be < 200, PM should be <= 20000 units.

Well, I guess the third time is a charm ;-D.

I think the main reason you have yet to get a response is that your
question is not very clear. Do you simply want to filter the PM and MM
values and output them? Do you want to only use those PM/MM pairs that
fulfill these criteria to compute expression values? Conversely, if you
only want to compute expression values for genes whose PM/MM values
fulfill these criteria, could you do the filtering after computing
expression values?

If, for a given probe the PM value is outside one of these bounds do you
want to filter out only that one PM value, or the corresponding PM
values for all the other chips as well?

Depending on your answers to these questions, this can be a simple thing
or quite difficult.

Have you read 'An Introduction to R'? This covers subsetting, and should
get you well on your way to doing something. However, since it is not
clear what you want, this may not be sophisticated enough.