[BioC] limma and blocks

Fangxin Hong fhong at salk.edu
Fri Nov 5 23:46:10 CET 2004

I haven't use the "block"option myself, but I believe those two models are
different. Model 1 treats your block effect as random effect, and model 2
treats it as a fixed effect. If that is the case, your model 1 should fits
the data better, as block usually treated as random effect with mean 0.

Please indicate if I am wrong or anyone knows this issue better.

Fx