[BioC] Platform independent compiler switches - affyPLM problem

Claudio Lottaz Claudio.Lottaz at molgen.mpg.de
Thu Jun 17 11:39:26 CEST 2004

Hi developers,

When installing affyPLM on our alpha boxes using the native compiler, I ran into compilation problems. This was due to "PKG_CFLAGS" set to "-Wall" in the Makevars file of affyPLM. The "-Wall" compiler switch is gcc specific and did thus not work on the alpha compiler.

Wouldn't be a good plan to stick with compiler independent switches? Particularly in this case when the switch is about generating warnings?

Cheers
Claudio

Claudio Lottaz
Computational Diagnostics Group
Department for Computational Molecular Biology
Max-Planck-Institute for Molecular Genetics
Ihnestr. 73, D-14195 Berlin (Germany)
office: 2.116, phone: +49 30 8413 1177, fax: +49 30 8413 1176
	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]