[BioC] affylmGUI gene list from Venn diagram, was: (no subject)

James Wettenhall wettenhall at wehi.edu.au
Thu Jun 17 02:29:36 CEST 2004

Hi Simon,

No sorry, there is no way at the moment to get a list of genes
from the venn diagram in affylmGUI, but depending on how
"CLI challenged" you are, you could ask on this mailing list
about doing this using the limma functions classifyTestsF and
vennCounts and combining this information with your list of
probe set IDs from the CDF package or gene names from the
annotation package.

It is certainly possible to extract this information (at the
command-line) from affylmGUI data objects, but I don't have time
to try this out right now, so if you ask on the mailing
list about how to do it at the command-line with limma and
affy, then I can easily explain how to translate the solution
for use with affylmGUI.  You might want to look at the
extract.pdf vignette in affylmGUI.

Regards,
James